Hani M3oush 665
Carlos Boustani 780
Younes Barakat 741
George Salim Azzi 762
Hassan Farhat 728
Elias Y Boustani 730
Ahmad Kojok 725

Again all Results are not final.
Final Results for all candidates to be posted tomorrow when it becomes available and official. The above numbers are almost final but not official yet.
Last edited by george on Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
george
Site Admin

Postby george » Mon May 03, 2010 7:19 am

Elections Results Update (updated May 9 2010):

Dr George N Azzi 828 Votes
Ibrahim Hajj 748
Jean Emil Azzi 715
Shakib Khatib 694
Muhammad Ali Hajj 718
Sharbel Shawki Azzi 788
Kamel Hajj 747
Boulos Youssef Azzi 744
Hani M3oush 665
Carlos Boustani 780
Younes Barakat 741
George Salim Azzi 762
Hassan Farhat 728
Elias Youssef Saleh Boustani 730
Ahmad Kojok 725

Maya Sami Azzi 490 Votes (Independent Candidate - No List)
Ali Barakkat 384
Victor Azzi 278
Ghassan Nakhle 170
Ibrahim Wehbe 276
Khodr Bou Saleh 282
Antoine Youssef Azzi 221
Elias Jeryes Boustani 152
Elias Youssef Azzi 140
Khodr al Khatib 41
Muhammad M3ouch 32
Hassan Hajj 31

Again these results are neither official nor final.
Last edited by george on Sun May 09, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
george
Site Admin

Postby azzigf » Tue May 04, 2010 3:29 am

It's great to see Marie salim still kicking albeit in a wheelchair. To us she is as eternal as an oak tree and she looks like one anyway. Unlike others she still executes her democratic duites and tries to amke a difference to our beloved town's political landscape.

I should take this opportunity to offer my congratulations to the winners in this year's election and would like to remind them that the 3amoud kahraba near our house needs a new lightbulb to shine on the world.
So to all the Azzi winners please rememebr me next time you are distributing street lamps.
azzigf

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 am

azzigf wrote:It's great to see Marie salim still kicking albeit in a wheelchair. To us she is as eternal as an oak tree and she looks like one anyway. Unlike others she still executes her democratic duites and tries to amke a difference to our beloved town's political landscape.

I should take this opportunity to offer my congratulations to the winners in this year's election and would like to remind them that the 3amoud kahraba near our house needs a new lightbulb to shine on the world.
So to all the Azzi winners please rememebr me next time you are distributing street lamps.

had i not know you better i would have said "ma afda belo, wa shoo bene2" but i do know you and i do appreciate the sarcasim. i hope others pick up on it.

what a f&^%*ng pity. now we have you, george, haroun, jieh2008, jieh 2009 jieh1 and every other freakin person passing on smart ass comments and replies.

Do people in Jieh fear wealth and wealthy people that much? that they become scared of them and forget their principle and everything they believe in and have fought for. Screw them all. what a dusted village and narrow minded population who give up on hope and reform so easily.
ah well i guess everybody has a price.

anyway i wish to quote jesus here

"Do as they say not as they do"

wa fehemkon kfeye.

and if anybody doesnt understand what i am getting at, i am more that willing to be staright forward and not use parables. just let me know and i will say it as it is.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh1 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 am

"had i not know you better i would have said "ma afda belo, wa shoo bene2" but i do know you and i do appreciate the sarcasim. i hope others pick up on it. "

Wait now AJ... i really think azzigf is being forward and he really wanted to get someone to replace/fix the lightbulb behind his house... why do i have to read more from his statement?

Also, Marie Salim is really there to be admired... she is probably now in her 80s sitting there with in battle dress looking tired from campaigning all day... truly remarkable! I wish we had few more maries around jieh.

AJ... on the serious side... i am not sure what you are getting at... really now... what is on your mind?

what do you really want this city council to accomplish for us in the next 6 years that they have failed to do in the past?

I agree Jieh is a town with a huge potential, resources, talent and an impressive international presence... however things have a way to get done in a particular order that is not necessarily the way we like them to be.
jieh1

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun May 16, 2010 7:50 am

had i not know you better i would have said "ma afda belo, wa shoo bene2" but i do know you and i do appreciate the sarcasim. i hope others pick up on it. "

Wait now AJ... i really think azzigf is being forward and he really wanted to get someone to replace/fix the lightbulb behind his house... why do i have to read more from his statement?

i dont, because i know damn well that if azzigf really wanted that light fixed he would have fixed it himself and not wait 3 years for the council to fix it. its the irony in the post that if a council cant manage to fix a light bulb then what can it fix?? another thing to note is the simplicity and the humility in his demand which is a reflection of the towns peoples attitude, their needs and demands. which is a shame really.

Also, Marie Salim is really there to be admired... she is probably now in her 80s sitting there with in battle dress looking tired from campaigning all day... truly remarkable! I wish we had few more maries around jieh.

if marie salim was a contestant on survivor without doubt she will emerge as the victorious one. she is trully at the forefront of every battle and cause. Good or Bad.

AJ... on the serious side... i am not sure what you are getting at... really now... what is on your mind?

A lot. but what use is it to express my feelings and thoughts. maybe when i have a few million dollars people (sorry not people but the so called village "elites" will take my opnion and the opinions of many others into consideration". with all respect to charbel Fane but i am sure if he had a few million in his bank account those 'elites" would be taking his opinion in consideration and seriously consider his proposals regradless of how bizzare they might be.

what do you really want this city council to accomplish for us in the next 6 years that they have failed to do in the past?

will address that in a new topic in two nights.

I agree Jieh is a town with a huge potential, resources, talent and an impressive international presence... however things have a way to get done in a particular order that is not necessarily the way we like them to be.

so we should settle and accept that reasoning? NO

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby jieh1 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 am

I disagree, not sure what the gripe about... I haven't been tracking the accomplishment of the baladiye... but i tell you they are doing ok... why don't you tell me what you are expecting? keep in mind this is not Zouk with the power plant.
- we have fairly nice paved roads with minimal potholes...
- they moved the shit from bamboo bay to the other side of town...
- they built a bunch of sidewalks around the town... ugly but we have sidewalks.
- they organized a summer party in august for the youth to run, ride donkeys and have jolly time.
- they are sort of controlling the urban sprawl around the town
- the entrance to jieh from the side of beirut is fairly well done... need some work on the entrance from the saida side as well as near your uncle's house.
- they calmed down kessara construction, and we escaped the dump
- Jieh continues to be a beach destination...but too much rifraf..need to control the beaches better and provide a nice place for the town people to get together and enjoy the sea.
jieh1

Return to Politics - Jieh