Jieh community centre fund raiser

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Jieh community centre fund raiser

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 pm

I ask the AJCC to take the following request into consideration.

I have been in contact with members of the youth in jieh and they have raised concern over the lack of funding and the poor maintenance of the community centre there. We have put together a proposal and i have been asked to put it forward to the AJCC and the AJYC.

Amount required is AU$1000. The funds will be used for the following purposes.

1) Part time employee who will administer the centre over the summer break.

2) Purchase of sporting equipment.

3) Internet connection

4) DVD player and DVD's

5) Purchase of confectionary items ie. soft drinks, chocolate bars etc... which will be sold at retail price.

6) Purchase of smoke pipes (argile)

I suggest the AJCC open its doors on Wed night the 11th of June and host a BBQ fundraiser on State of Origin night game 2 so that we may be able to raise the funds required. Many will be spending the summer in jieh this year lets get together and support this cause.

I am willing to make the first contribution of $100.

The AJCC or AJYC can take control of this initiative they can raise the funds and forward the money to the youth in Lebanon at the earliest possible convenience. If anybody wants to know who i discussed this with can send me a private message. We agreed (although we haven't discussed it with him yet but i am sure he wont mind) that the money be sent to George Farha Azzi who will then forward the money to those responsible.

thanks for your consideration please get back to us asap.
Image
Image

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
User avatar
Abou Jamra
senior member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:31 am

Postby haroun » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:19 pm

AJ, thanks for bringing this up. Do you know if they ever fixed the bathroom fixtures? 4-5 years ago they were in pieces and there was no water to wash or flush!

IMO, fixing the sanitary equipment and making water available at all times should be a priority.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
User avatar
haroun
senior member
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Under the kharroube

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 am

haroun wrote:AJ, thanks for bringing this up. Do you know if they ever fixed the bathroom fixtures? 4-5 years ago they were in pieces and there was no water to wash or flush!

IMO, fixing the sanitary equipment and making water available at all times should be a priority.


Yes Boulos fixed them last year, they were working fine. Not sure what has happened since. Rusted perhaps due to the lack of use.
Image
Image

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
User avatar
Abou Jamra
senior member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:31 am

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:12 am

Are you sure all they need is $1000? That sounds pretty cheap to me. I don't think we even need to make a fundraiser for this, I will mention it in the next meeting.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
User avatar
Prince Cadmus II
senior member
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby danyhr » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:51 am

what do you mean you're not sure we even need a fundraiser for this? ha ha ha ha Jieh people need a fundraiser for everything, you should have heard the tightasses recently at a "village do" complaining behind me about a $30 entrance fee which gets them food, dessert and drinks! How embarrassing! :lol:
In much of your talking, thinking is half murdered - GKG.
danyhr
advanced member
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:25 am
Location: Sydney

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 am

Hahaha danyhr, you know that event you speak of alone made more than three times the profit needed for funding this particular need.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
User avatar
Prince Cadmus II
senior member
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Jieh community centre fund raiser

Postby george » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Abou Jamra wrote:I ask the AJCC to take the following request into consideration.

I have been in contact with members of the youth in jieh and they have raised concern over the lack of funding and the poor maintenance of the community centre there. We have put together a proposal and i have been asked to put it forward to the AJCC and the AJYC.

Amount required is AU$1000. The funds will be used for the following purposes.

1) Part time employee who will administer the centre over the summer break.

2) Purchase of sporting equipment.

3) Internet connection

4) DVD player and DVD's

5) Purchase of confectionary items ie. soft drinks, chocolate bars etc... which will be sold at retail price.

6) Purchase of smoke pipes (argile)

I suggest the AJCC open its doors on Wed night the 11th of June and host a BBQ fundraiser on State of Origin night game 2 so that we may be able to raise the funds required. Many will be spending the summer in jieh this year lets get together and support this cause.

I am willing to make the first contribution of $100.

The AJCC or AJYC can take control of this initiative they can raise the funds and forward the money to the youth in Lebanon at the earliest possible convenience. If anybody wants to know who i discussed this with can send me a private message. We agreed (although we haven't discussed it with him yet but i am sure he wont mind) that the money be sent to George Farha Azzi who will then forward the money to those responsible.

thanks for your consideration please get back to us asap.



Smoke Pipes?? Argyle???!&*#^*!*@#)!) Why not Bingos and Black Jack tables to go along some state of the art Slot machines and some tabloids to unwind after some heavy pinball.
george
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Jieh

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:28 am

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Are you sure all they need is $1000? That sounds pretty cheap to me. I don't think we even need to make a fundraiser for this, I will mention it in the next meeting.


thanks... if there is no need for a fundraiser then let's get a few guys to chip in and contribute.


JIEH2008
Smoke Pipes?? Argyle???!&*#^*!*@#)!) Why not Bingos and Black Jack tables to go along some state of the art Slot machines and some tabloids to unwind after some heavy pinball.


Oh NO!!! Are you hinting that Abouna Jadra is coming to town?
Image
Image

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
User avatar
Abou Jamra
senior member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:31 am


Return to Politics - Jieh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron