What's Happening in Jieh???

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

What's Happening in Jieh???

Postby sargon » Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm

After their alleged takeover of Jieh, HA felt pretty ecstatic and showed its arrogant and supercilious side in the round-table talks held in Jieh over the past few days with other Jieh key figures. HA tried to impose its imperious conditions on the locals which were rejected outright by almost everyone present. No kneeling for HA and its imperial ways.

The humiliating conditions which HA tried to impose on Jieh showed their true intention and it wasn’t pretty. HA wanted complete surrender of all individual weapons (except its own of course). HA ultimatum was not well received by the general populace in Jieh . Freedom is too precious to be given away.

In the past 48 hours, round the clock armed patrols by HA men were registered in many parts of Jieh. Talet el Raheb as well as That el Sheer hills as well as many other hills overlooking Jieh were overtaken by armed HA men on May 8-9. Many Bekaii homes were raided and searched by HA men.

I have read an argument by a poster here who blames FM for blocking his home road and wihsed if his fellow citizens had opened it by force. Amen. I am all for that and for opening all blocked roads by force if necessary including Downtown Beirut.
sargon

Re: What's Happening in Jieh???

Postby Adel » Fri May 16, 2008 1:00 am

sargon wrote:

I have read an argument by a poster here who blames FM for blocking his home road and wihsed if his fellow citizens had opened it by force. Amen. I am all for that and for opening all blocked roads by force if necessary including Downtown Beirut.

So you are equating the political act in downtown Beirut with the racist actions of blocking the church in Jieh?

at least your statement validates the church was blocked. one bit of truth is being confirmed by both reports.
Adel

Postby haroun » Fri May 16, 2008 2:06 am

Adel wrote:So you are equating the political act in downtown Beirut with the racist actions of blocking the church in Jieh?

at least your statement validates the church was blocked. one bit of truth is being confirmed by both reports.

Adel, did you understand from Sargon's post that the farmer closed the road to block access to the church? let's say you had to take that road to church that day, do you think he'd would have sent you home?

I think, if the intention of his actions was the church like some are stretching to imply, the man could have just walked up the road and set up shop right at the door and not 300 meters away.

I don't know Sargon or his motives to tell us lies. He told us his version of events, you're welcome to us yours. There is no need to confront the messanger if you don't like the message.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Adel » Fri May 16, 2008 2:49 am

haroun wrote:
Adel wrote:So you are equating the political act in downtown Beirut with the racist actions of blocking the church in Jieh?

Adel, did you understand from Sargon's post that the farmer closed the road to block access to the church? let's say you had to take that road to church that day, do you think he'd would have sent you home?

I think, if the intention of his actions was the church like some are stretching to imply, the man could have just walked up the road and set up shop right at the door and not 300 meters away.

I don't know Sargon or his motives to tell us lies. He told us his version of events, you're welcome to us yours. There is no need to confront the messanger if you don't like the message.

granted. it might have been presumptuous of me to equate the blocking of the road with the blocking of the church. That does not invalidate the point. The action of blocking a road in jieh that is not arterial is not equal in anyway to the political actions in downtown Beirut.

Also, it is presumptuous of you to assume I am attacking the messenger because I disagree with the message. It APPEARS to me everyone knows of AJ intentions and has refuted his version of event based on his political affiliations. Why then have the same people sceptics not been as cautious when accepting Sargons version of events.

I don’t have a version of events. I was made aware of this issue and am trying in as much as it is possible to learn what happened. As prince said earlier, from Australia is it difficult to know the truth.

As I have asked earlier is there something I am missing?
Adel

Return to Politics - Jieh