Democracy Takes Another Beating in Lebanon

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Democracy Takes Another Beating in Lebanon

Postby george » Wed May 14, 2008 8:38 pm

PM Saniora cabinet cancels the two decrees under the guns of oppositon groups. Indeed a sad day for Lebanon and the Lebanese people. Dawlet al Mazraa.
george
Site Admin

Postby haroun » Wed May 14, 2008 10:18 pm

It's a sad day for Lebanon indeed. but, I take the mazra3a over hizballah anytime. When you have a $40 Billion dollars army (LA) refusing to protect the people and engage the terrorists lot of things will happen and caving is not the worst of them..

I would have felt better if they fired Sleiman's ass for treason at the same time and deprive him from holding any office in the future. We don't need a head of an army who'd rather protect the terrorists and confront the innocent.

شمعون: حرام أن يعير احد عون أهمية لأن دواءه ليس عندنا بل في العصفورية
الجوزو: لقد سقط لبنان وسقطت حكوماته، بفضل إرهاب حزب الله
haroun

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu May 15, 2008 11:54 am

Just because they revoked the decision now does not mean the issue won't come up in future.

Perhaps now is not the time, but as you can see Hezbollah is getting its noose tightened and it is now resorting to unconditional violence to express itself. This is precisely all the Lebanese public needs as reassurance for voting them out of the next elections. Sometimes you can't take things at face value, but look at what is in the domino line before the trigger is set.

The time leading up to the next federal elections is going to expose alot of Hezbollah impatience and will shake the makeup of the next government to something that will surprise the opposition.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Jieh