Terrorist flexing in Jieh and Saadiyet

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue May 06, 2008 3:19 am

haroun wrote:Our wine gets better as it ages but yours get sour by the day! :wink:

We shall see from which cup the voters will be drinking from in the next elections.

How long do you people plan to keep on ageing your wine? Thanks to the "loyalists" soon their will be no Christians left to drink from it. Drink from our cup happiness Haroun.
Last edited by Abou Jamra on Tue May 06, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue May 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Christian exodus was actually at its peak during the heydeys of the civil war. Arrivals and Departures figures at Beirut Airport over the past 10-15 years actually point at the Muslim community being the highest rate of people leaving for good.

It's a wave the whole country goes through and it's happened pretty consistently over a century now. There is a Maximum Sustainable Yield the country can only possibly hold, and when it reaches this, it is when people begin leaving to look elsewhere to live their life and work. If Christians leave, it is because of lack of work. It means there is no work available, therefore Muslims and others would be in the same boat. Nobody is any better off. The rule is simple, you can't find work, you get out there and you find it, if its not there, then you leave and go elsewhere. This kind of thing is not confined to what religion you hail from.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby tammy » Wed May 07, 2008 7:52 am

Cool it down people fi ze3ran min kil il a7zeb and all are useless so stop defending any of them...
tammy

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 am

tammy wrote:Cool it down people fi ze3ran min kil il a7zeb and all are useless so stop defending any of them...

oh dear!! another independant :shock: we have 4 on the forum. Cadmus, Dany, tammy and charbel.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 07, 2008 11:21 am

Yes, another independent... looks like you're outnumbered AJ, may have to switch sides, or opt out real soon, cos we're growing.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby tammy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Abou Jamra wrote:
tammy wrote:Cool it down people fi ze3ran min kil il a7zeb and all are useless so stop defending any of them...

oh dear!! another independant :shock: we have 4 on the forum. Cadmus, Dany, tammy and charbel.

yea w law kenna aktar ken bi koon lebnen bi 2alef 5er
tammy

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Yes, another independent... looks like you're outnumbered AJ, may have to switch sides, or opt out real soon, cos we're growing.

allah yzeedkon!!!

But to me independants are like water.. no color and no taste.

Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 07, 2008 1:07 pm

tammy wrote:
Abou Jamra wrote:

yea w law kenna aktar ken bi koon lebnen bi 2alef 5er

shoo ra2eykon trou7o t3esho be disney land?

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Tammy is intelligent, smart and educated.

This definitely ain't no disneyland picnic.

Independent is not independent of values, truth or concentration. It is independent of political affiliation and nametagging; independent of slogan-bound values, and independent of pre-meditated political constructions and labellings.

These are people who have real values, impartial values, values not tinted with sinister desires. They are values derived from beneficence and freedom. It's about "Keeping the bastards honest", it's about facts. So, unfortunately for the rest, we independents rule this forum. So you are outnumbered AJ, I'm sorry.

And Tammy, don't worry, there are plenty more of independents out there than you think, they are hiding in all the parties, confused and playing it safe just to put food on the table, and justifying it as logical, but deep down they know where their hearts really lie, and that's on the independent team.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Tammy is intelligent, smart and educated.

i have no doubt of that, and my disney land statement was not intented to serve as an insult. i know tammy very well and i applaud her for her efforts last summer in which we discussed a joint meeting between the jieh youth of all sects.

Guess who refused to participate? and dismissed it as a Ta7et al sheer conspiracy...

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 07, 2008 2:53 pm

So are you telling me you couldn't even convince one person to participate? Would you really need every single youth there for it to work, or is that just an excuse for playing the blame game because a particular group of people decided not to come....so from what I understand there was a discussion of a meeting of some sort... yeah.. and then what? What was the follow-through/outcome of it? It didn't go through because.....?
Prince Cadmus II

Postby tammy » Wed May 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:So are you telling me you couldn't even convince one person to participate? Would you really need every single youth there for it to work, or is that just an excuse for playing the blame game because a particular group of people decided not to come....so from what I understand there was a discussion of a meeting of some sort... yeah.. and then what? What was the follow-through/outcome of it? It didn't go through because.....?

because it wasnt taken seriously!!! maybe us, independent people, can unite all jiyeh people and get to know each other as i am doing now:)
tammy

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 pm

The meeting did go ahead. Actually two meetings. One was at the Nabe Younis sports club, the other at my house. Why at my house? well i wont mention the reason on a public forum ( and NO HA and amal members and non partisans from nabe younis had no problem in attending a meeting at the JIEH community centre).

What was discussed at the sports club? the phobias that exists among jieh citizens and how they view the other, and ways and means we can overcome this.

The unofficial meeting at my house was between FPMers (activists and party members not officials we were representing our selves and not the FPM) and HA. i wont discuss this issue any further as it was very sensitive and many in Jieh opposed it when they heard about it and started a rumour that HA was planning to finance an FPM office in jieh. Nothing of that nature was discussed and i will not discuss the other issues on a public forum and neither will i mention the names of the attendees.
Last edited by Abou Jamra on Wed May 07, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abou Jamra

Postby tammy » Wed May 07, 2008 3:30 pm

I am sorry i meant the youth meeting didnt take place( which in my opinion is more important than the one that took place!)
tammy

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed May 07, 2008 3:37 pm

tammy wrote:
Prince Cadmus II wrote:So are you telling me you couldn't even convince one person to participate? Would you really need every single youth there for it to work, or is that just an excuse for playing the blame game because a particular group of people decided not to come....so from what I understand there was a discussion of a meeting of some sort... yeah.. and then what? What was the follow-through/outcome of it? It didn't go through because.....?

because it wasnt taken seriously!!! maybe us, independent people, can unite all jiyeh people and get to know each other as i am doing now:)

Yes I think this is the best way, and since everybody has been living as neighbours for decades, I don't even think we really need this kind of thing since all the families know each other already, it is as if everyone is an alien or something. What about a game of volleyball?

AJ, I think the reason they may have never come or taken it seriously was because it was to be held at your house! Perhaps they didn't want to get involved because it may have had a political twist to it?

I think there is a bell ringing here and it says that people do not want to be involved in political gatherings cunningly euphemised as humanitarian events. It's either that or they don't like the political parties involved in organising it so they would dismiss it as a conspiracy or propaganda tool as has been done on millions of occasions in the past under the pretext of helping and understanding.

I still think a game of soccer or volleyball would do. An inter Jieh soccer competition or volleyball. El Hara vs Nabi Younis vs Kassouba vs Ta7t el Chir vs Maqsabe vs...... Hang on, I doubt there would be enough players to fill all those sectors. How about a 4 team tournament or a game of Twenty20 cricket....
Prince Cadmus II

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Jieh