Jiehs Electricity problems fixed

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Jiehs Electricity problems fixed

Postby Charbel » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:48 am

Someone please get rid of that ugly thing that leaking oil and lets get one of these instead.

Clean and safe and unlimited power supply.

Toshiba Builds 100x Smaller Micro Nuclear Reactor

Toshiba has developed a new class of micro size Nuclear Reactors that is designed to power individual apartment buildings or city blocks. The new reactor, which is only 20 feet by 6 feet, could change everything for small remote communities, small businesses or even a group of neighbors who are fed up with the power companies and want more control over their energy needs.

The 200 kilowatt Toshiba designed reactor is engineered to be fail-safe and totally automatic and will not overheat. Unlike traditional nuclear reactors the new micro reactor uses no control rods to initiate the reaction. The new revolutionary technology uses reservoirs of liquid lithium-6, an isotope that is effective at absorbing neutrons. The Lithium-6 reservoirs are connected to a vertical tube that fits into the reactor core. The whole whole process is self sustaining and can last for up to 40 years, producing electricity for only 5 cents per kilowatt hour, about half the cost of grid energy.

Toshiba expects to install the first reactor in Japan in 2008 and to begin marketing the new system in Europe and America in 2009.

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/nex ... 2.17b.html
Charbel
advanced member

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 am

Send your request to the church council Waef (currently dissolved). The admin will however consider it.

How much is it?

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Charbel » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 am

Maybe you could talk with your friend the GMA to start investing in one of these.

Start with the first one at the Jieh as a trial and an offering for the village for the blown up power plant.

Nuclear Power is what lebanon needs. We are killing it with pollution so clean and cheap energy 24/7 will bring life and confidence back in the people and not to mention Jobs.

And having nuclear power will make Hezbollah think twice before "harkeshing" with Israel and Israel thinking twice before bombing a nuclear reactor. Even though it will have concrete as thick as some lebanese skulls. No missle will penetrate.

Im not sure how much these things cost, well find out after new years after i get my full speed connection back.

But if it gets up and running in the Jieh, then it will spread to other parts of the country.

Lets lead the way for a change.
Charbel
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm pretty sure on the minor scale such as that, that the nuclear fuel they would be using is negligable and would be fine. Even if there was a leak, it would probably only affect the herd of human-animals with 6 eyes and 3 toes that live around it.

Lol@harkeshing
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm pretty sure on the minor scale such as that, that the nuclear fuel they would be using is negligable and would be fine. Even if there was a leak, it would probably only affect the herd of human-animals with 6 eyes and 3 toes that live around it.

Lol@harkeshing

el li baddo y7arkesh, baddo yshem ree7et tezayon...
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Return to Politics - Jieh