Resurrecting the AJCC!!!

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:42 pm

you post is contradictory, predictable, useless and meaningless at best. As again you have failed to answer the questions I asked and address the issues I raised.

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Tanious Chahine » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:AJ you can't keep sitting there with sideline commentry.

Aren't you like ... doing the same thing ?

You personally fail to bring a positive light to the community, and when asked to speak for example in the last meeting, you go off and say no. So it's either you speak normally, or you don't attend. Don't poke your nose in every corner of the community just to have a whinge, and when given a platform to speak you shy off.

How would you expect someone to "bring a positive light to the community" when you're basically telling him to f*** off, and "inviting" him to detach himself from the "community" ? Besides, the above criticism of AJ sounds too vague, too theoretical (you're not exactly refuting his ideas, rather, you throw vague sentences which don't quite portray the real problem you have with what AJ is proposing); that's the very thing you are claiming to criticize. Hypocritical, no ?

Oh, and by the way ...

So you tell me now why the AJCC has to justify itself just to you? Get with the times AJ, the majority of people don't feel comfortable participating on this forum and that is something you're just going to have to accept and move on with: They have lives. If you have research to disprove that, then prove it here with real statistics.

You're horribly misinformed. Forums whose target audience spans across entire countries, parties, or organisms with numerous adherents fail to gather more than dozens of regulars. In Lebanon's case, the three most "prominent" forums happen to be political, and they have like, what, 20 regulars each ? What do you expect out of a forum whose target audience is comprised of a single village in a small country like Lebanon ?

Bottom line : You're clearly clueless about many things. Instead of stating the "obvious" (which happens, in your case, to be a bunch of assumptions, non-educated guesses, and superstitions), why don't you seek the true root of the problem and try to solve it ? Abou Jamra is dancing around the bush, but you're not much better than him; nor are you in a position to complain about his behaviour, because you're doing the same thing you're claiming to criticize.
Tanious Chahine

Postby jieh2008 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:27 am

"He that gives good advice, builds with one hand; he that gives good counsel and example, builds with both; but he that gives good admonition and bad example, builds with one hand and pulls down with the other."

love to all.
jieh2008
advanced member

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 am

Tanious, perhaps the idea here is to stop people from criticising with intent to sabotage and ask for constructive criticism. An example of this was AJ's appearance at the last AJCC meeting when he went off at the committee regarding the letter to be sent out... and so he was then given the opportunity to "give us a solution then"... to which he answered that he can't... that it would be given later on in paper.

Tanious, there is no point in going off at the committee just for the sake of it. If AJ really did want to make things better, he could have had the papers prepared for what he wanted to say, and showed them to us. I am personally interested in what he wanted to say, don't get me wrong. But why stop middle way? Why anger the committee and leave without saying anything except that "it's coming" ? Why destroy and not rebuild? Nobody was there making fun of him, so it would have been great if he brought along the papers or at least gave a rundown in a nutshell of what he was getting at.

The AJCC committee has done everything in its ability to bring the community together while AJ sits here and complains at whatever cost.

This cannot be understood by normal people. He sits here blowing problems out of proportion, creating the notion of a problem when there isn't and twisting every part of it to make it look like the committee is doing nothing when it has done as much as it could. Another point is, nobody else formed a different committee at the last elections, so why complain? It is clear nobody else had any better ideas, and after being dormant for a few years, I believe the AJCC has done well to get back on its feet with the new inexperienced committee. To sit here and sabotage it is simply wrong and unethical.

I do not sit here with sideline commentry, I am stating the facts, and highlighting things such as that the AJCC is not "a BBQ organising committee" as AJ wishes to believe just because it did not join his orange crusade against everything in life.

This is not sideline commentry at all, it is just pointing out what is true despite the reservations and whinges AJ has, because he seems to be the only person complaining about it.

You are right, forum participation (or should I say lack thereof) is not just confined to Jieh people... Most people do not have the time to sit here participating in it whether it is politics or not, they would prefer being on Facebook because it's a million times more entertaining. There is simply no point in "promoting this forum" like AJ keeps bashing at repeatedly in his post, as if it such an important thing the AJCC 'has neglected'. It is yet another useless point to blacken the face of the AJCC in his never ending tirade.

Let me just reiterate:

The AJCC is a committee of people who give a bit of their spare time to help out in a community, where each person does their share. It is not a political party, it is not a social welfare agency, and it is not a global crusade for all causes in life. So you cannot expect every single detail to be fine-tuned, nor should any of the members go out of their way for it. I just think that AJ's expectations of the committee are way too high, and this is all I speak about here.

I don't believe there is any "problem that needs to be fixed". I just am here to say that AJ's expectations of the AJCC are way too ambitious.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Prince Cadmus II wrote:Tanious, perhaps the idea here is to stop people from criticising with intent to sabotage and ask for constructive criticism. An example of this was AJ's appearance at the last AJCC meeting when he went off at the committee regarding the letter to be sent out... and so he was then given the opportunity to "give us a solution then"... to which he answered that he can't... that it would be given later on in paper.

Just to clarify this point which you have repeated in several posts. I was not opposing the letter being sent out. I voiced my concerns over the issue of land sales. Every politician, clergy men, singer, tomato grower and cab driver in our village has felt compelled to raise this issue. Abouna Namour whom I highly respect relayed it in a open letter which I emailed and translated on this forum, Dr George Nader like wise, so too has Nassif, former AJCC president Wissam, now current AJCC president Abou Chawki. Every other person I have spoken raises this issue "Bai3 al 2arade". For the last three years this has been mentioned in every statement released and every letter sent. Raising awareness is one thing but tackling the problem is another. I asked the president, Isn't it time to stop this rhetoric and for once draft a plan or devise a strategy that will tackle this problem. Obviously the AJCC has not thought about it. You cant stop people from selling their land. It’s impossible. What you can do and this is the Abou Jamra plan is launch a foundation. Adel came up with the name Jieh Heritage Foundation. It’s too premature to discuss this publicly as my research is not yet complete there for I didn’t feel the need to discuss it at an AJCC meeting. When all details are finalized and they should be by early next week, I am more than willing to attend the AJCC meeting and make the presentation.

I never said I can’t what said was I WONT YET. I will email it to Bassam and discuss it with him if you guys grant me an audience with the AJCC I will discuss it with you also. If not I will send an open letter to the Jieh presenting the plan and i will start working towards it.

I do wish to inform you however that i was not at the meeting for that particular purpose.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 am

It wasn't in the previous letter we sent. This is the first time we mention land sales in our programme since last election.

Adel told me about that same thing about 3 months ago at that same time and I told him it was a good plan, that is why I am interested. I also noted at that time of a Maronite Fund that was set up for that same purpose about a year or two ago which can be either worked with or modelled against.

No joke, I personally think it's feasible just by the sound of it.

The AJCC letter mentions specifically land sales where people don't need to sell. It's a small percentage. Alot of people may sell for example if they need the money for a medical emergency but the letter specifically points at people who throw it down the drain like feeding their gambling addictions. It is more of an awareness campaign.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:25 pm

No joke, I personally think it's feasible just by the sound of it.

Good. Let's hope we can together on it then.

Abou Jamra

Previous

Return to Politics - Jieh