Resurrecting the AJCC!!!

City and City Council News and Discussions

Moderators: Abou Jamra, Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 pm

Thank you LF for the endorsment!

However Mr Wissam Azzi will remain as president. I have dicussed this issue briefly with him. An AGM will be held on the 2nd of December and elections will also take place on the night. I will be there for them. As i mentioned in a previous post, i will present Wissam with a copy of the 08/09 program, i will give him the list of the names of those interested in joining the AJCC 24 hrs before the AGM.

A letter has recently been sent asking candidates to renew their memberships so that they may contest the elections and be elegible to vote. Our team is in the process of doing so and we will be contesting the elections.

more updates soon...

"My expectations as always are low" Haroun on Jieh council
Abou Jamra

Postby Elie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:45 pm

azzigf wrote:
GWB wrote:
azzigf wrote:
So come on all your new blood and show us your hidden talents. The anticipation is killing me.

why would you write that?

when someone is clearly trying to do something good for the community there is no need to belittle his ideas.

Am I right in assuming you don’t want any part of the ajcc and if someone has any hopes of making in a functioning organisation you will do your best to make sure it doesn’t happen?

You may interpret this as a challenge to prove me wrong if you like. Besides you are giving my ability to prevent someone from "making a functioning organisation" way too much credit. I cant influence my own nephew let alone other people. I just believe in things when I see them happen and not when they are ethereal ideas exchanged by anonymous people in cyberspace.

You sir, have made nonsense a profession of yours, it appears.

Not only you belittle any potential effort that might be brought up by newcomers, but make it seem as a "challenge" while in fact it is a collective effort.

If everyone thinks like you, and takes a "farjoune shou badkon ta3mlo ya abadayet" perspective, Jieh will drown in stagnation, it's everyone's effort that counts, unfortunately including yours.

When you decide to join hands with us, and walk the walk instead of talking the talk, there will surely be productivity, until then you may spare us your forced-to-the-throat horribly mistimed and distasteful sense of pseudo-cynicism.
Elie

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:08 pm

Mr Jieh

Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Abou Jamra wrote:Mr Jieh

Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Has the AJCC set an election date for 2008? Since coming to power has the AJCC held an AGM?

Cadmus can you please tell us the date of the next AGM and the date for the next elections.

Thanks

Abou Jamra

Postby Abou Jamra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Cadmus dude... have you guys decided on the date of the next AJCC elections?

Your (AJCC) PR sucks...

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:11 am

AJ, if you were actually awake during last week's AJCC meeting which you voluntarily attended, you would have realised that this date is going to be heralded in the upcoming letter.

On the other hand, where is this supposed plan you were speaking of? You said you wished to show us it online, or by email... You should have just said it at the meeting, it would have been alot easier to grasp.
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
"Upon the Tsurian sea the people live who style themselves Phoenicians...
These were the first great founders of the world
Founders of cities and of mighty states"
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:51 am

Prince Cadmus II wrote:AJ, if you were actually awake during last week's AJCC meeting which you voluntarily attended, you would have realised that this date is going to be heralded in the upcoming letter.

On the other hand, where is this supposed plan you were speaking of? You said you wished to show us it online, or by email... You should have just said it at the meeting, it would have been alot easier to grasp.

Does that mean i and others have to wait to receive the letter? why cant we find out here. Actually it should be posted on the home page of this website. Replace the pilgrims walking around the village and promote the AJCC elections.

shoot an email to the adminstartor and make that request if you may please or would you like me to ask him?

The plan is complete and is being studied. i will send an email soon detailing my vision for AJCC 08/09. whats the purpose of making a proposal if nobody is going to follow up on it?

AJCC needs a major shake up.

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:48 pm

AJ you always speak of "new vision", "new blood", "major changes"..."mofaja2at"....as your solution to everything. Yet to-date, none of these dreams have produced any fruit...
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 am

Prince Cadmus II wrote:AJ you always speak of "new vision", "new blood", "major changes"..."mofaja2at"....as your solution to everything. Yet to-date, none of these dreams have produced any fruit...

And whose fault is that?

Is it my fault you people ignore advice?

Is it my fault you people choose to remain idle?

Is it my fault you people lack vision and creativity?

Is it my fault the AJCC has only sent out 2 letters in a year?

Is it my fault you have only had 2 parties? and co sponsored another 2?

Is it my fault you people had only 200 people turn up to the Lady of the morning star Feast day?

Is it my fault you people dont appeal to those between the ages of 20 and
35. despite the average age in your team being 27?

Is it my fault the BBQ's are a failure with only a hand full of families turning up.

Is it my fault you people cant maintain a website or launch a magazine?

Is it my fault you people have no long term goals?

Is it my fault you people have no interest in Jieh affairs ( i will comment on this in an email because it fucking bothers me) many of you ( from the AJCC) who went to lebanon will be most annoyed but dont take it personal, the jieh people need to know this.

I am not going to keep on going... i will save it for my open letter to the Jieh people.

Other than renovating the club house what has the AJCC done? by what percentages have memberships increased?

Out of 10 i give your administration 4. It sucks. it hurts me to say this because i see potential there in a few individuals but as a group you guys are disasterous.

Cadmus who is staying and who is leaving? when is the next meeting?

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 am

Yes AJ, it pretty much is all your fault.

Remember AJ, you didn't exactly hold the clearest of positions in your time in the AJCC, in fact you made a few divisive decisions as part of your 'leadership' which will not be repeated here, thankyou.

Don't go around preaching as if you have the solution to every single thing because actions speak louder than words. If you couldn't do it in your time in the AJCC, then don't have a whinge when other people take up the positions that you left uncleaned.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:29 am

Although I was a vocal critic of the Wissam administration and the Michel Nassif administration (I did serve in both) both done a superb job in almost every facet. My position was very clear and I expressed my concerns publicly about the issues I disagreed with them on.

Can you tell me what “divisive decisions” you are referring to?

How has your administration improved on Wissams?

I am not saying i have a solution to every problem, although I believe with a strong support team we are quite capable of overcoming those problems.

This BBQ organizing committee of yours (present day AJCC) focuses entirely (kids baby sitting movie night an exception) on a couple of events (AJCC NYE party and the our Lady Mass) and very little on the Jieh community development.

It’s ludicrous to suggest I was responsible for the problems. I have not served in the AJCC since 2005.

Don’t look for a scapegoat. Give me a list of your achievements for the last 12 month or at least atempt to answer the questions i asked in the post above.

Regards

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 am

The AJCC is not a BBQ organising committee. If this is what you seriously believe the AJCC does, then your ideas are sorely misfounded.

Nobody has to explain to you the achievements of the committee. The achievements are everything you are blinded from seeing.

You say that you were a big critic of the two committees you served in: Had you actually participated actively rather than talking and running around like a headless chook, you would have actually achieved something that lasted until today.

There is absolutely no reason to explain things to people who just talk.

The results are all there: From a horrible start to the year, the committee pulled off 1 major Church Fundraiser, assisted in another Church fundraiser, began sports nights for the young ones, renovated the hall (Something you blokes failed to achieve), Did not participate in political rantings, opened the hall to Nassif (like you requested), played host to a group of French pilgrims who helped Jieh people during the war, had two disco nights and a Christmas and Australia Day BBQ among other achievements.

If this is what you term as a BBQ organising committee, then it's time for you to get off this forum and see what is happening outside in the real world because your postings are becoming more and more sad each time.

This is specifically why nobody is participating in this forum any longer, it is because of the stupidity that goes on in here. People take one look, they see all this political nonsense talk by you and a few others in here, and they tune out and never come back in. Hundreds of people have told me this and there is no way to change it. You can blame yourself and a few obvious others in here for the demise of this forum.
Prince Cadmus II

Postby Abou Jamra » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:08 pm

The AJCC is not a BBQ organizing committee. If this is what you seriously believe the AJCC does, then your ideas are sorely misfounded.

I know what the AJCC is, was and what I hope it may someday be.

Nobody has to explain to you the achievements of the committee. The achievements are everything you are blinded from seeing.

It’s your duty to the village to highlight your achievements. People want to see what you have accomplished.

There is absolutely no reason to explain things to people who just talk.

There is every reason to explain things to people who “just talk”. What would you do without Think Tanks, advisors, philosophers, journalists, op/ed contributors, novelists etc… when people talk they do so for a purpose. To raise awareness to alert to inform to advise. They don’t do so because they have nothing else to do. They do so because they care. They are the constituents who you claim to represent. They are free to talk as much as they like and it is your duty to listen to them whether you like it or not.
The results are all there: From a horrible start to the year, the committee pulled off 1 major Church Fundraiser, assisted in another Church fundraiser, began sports nights for the young ones, renovated the hall (Something you blokes failed to achieve), Did not participate in political rantings, opened the hall to Nassif (like you requested), played host to a group of French pilgrims who helped Jieh people during the war, had two disco nights and a Christmas and Australia Day BBQ among other achievements.

1) A major Church fundraiser. Lady of the morning star fundraisers have been taking place for well over 10 years now.
2) Assisted in Another. Job Well done but again this is an annual event and every AJCC committee has also assisted.
3) Sports night or movie night. Can you go in further detail please?
4) Renovated the Hall. (Something you blokes failed to achieve) are you serious? Who painted the outside of the hall? The inside? Ripped out the carpet and placed tiles? The Feature wall on the way in which you guys painted over? The TV projector etc…
5) Did not participate in Political Rantings? Do you not remember the AJCC efforts to stop the parish priest? ( I applaud their efforts for that) The less political (jieh related) activity you engage in, the less significant the organization becomes. Sorry but unfortunately that’s the way Jieh works.
6) Dr Nassif Azzi? Thanks for following up on our requests.
7) Pilgrims. That’s cute well done.
8) 2 disco nights? What was the attendance? We had 3 each year, an AJCC annual party (not related to church fundraising), 2 harbor cruises and many many other events from horse riding, to skirmishes, to concerts.
9) Christmas and Aus BBQ… annual events and previous BBQ’s by far out ranked yours.
10) What other achievements? From the list above other than the pilgrims and the movie night (which wissam also experimented with) you guys have brought nothing new. You have set a standard that will be easy to surpass.

This is specifically why nobody is participating in this forum any longer; it is because of the stupidity that goes on in here. People take one look, they see all this political nonsense talk by you and a few others in here, and they tune out and never come back in. Hundreds of people have told me this and there is no way to change it. You can blame yourself and a few obvious others in here for the demise of this forum.

It has been said a million times before, every time this subject is discussed. This is a bullshit excuse. If people don’t want to engage in conversation that is political in nature they are free to start their own thread and discuss anything they want, I assure you I will not comment on any subject that is not political or not related to the Jieh.

Stupidity that goes on in here?
Show me some examples.

People take one look and see political nonsense?
Perhaps they should stop viewing the Lebanon politics and Jieh politics sections. What do you expect in the political forum? Home sex videos???

I happen to like jieh 2008 and Haroun’s political commentary or as you referred to it “nonsense”. And I keep tuning in just for that.

Hundreds of people?
And not one of those HUNDREDS took the initiative and started and non political thread. I salute the “few obvious others” on this forum for their dedication. I still think you fail to see why those “few obvious others” and I post on this forum.

Give me the name of the obvious few others, and since you blame us for the “demise of this forum” I will ask them to and I will also take a break away from the forum. And then maybe you and the hundreds of others can do something to address this problem.

As always you fail to address the questions asked and you go on the offensive and divert attention away from the thread and the subject discussed. You have become too predictable. rather than trying to convince you try to confuse and you take things far too personal.

now rather talking nonsense. just answer thes efew questions please.

1) What were your goals for 07/08? how did you go on about achieving them.
2) if reelected what will your goals be for 08/09?

it's as simple as that what have you done and what will you do?

How will you increase memberships?

How will you engage the whole community?

How will you appeal to young adults? Families? children?

Land sales?

Raising funds for churches?

Assisting the needy in Jieh?

How will you make the club house a social centre?

Public relations?

Sports and youth involvement? why not start an out door or indoor soccer team and register it in the local competition?

an out reach program?

Inter council relations? Canterbury Bankstown and Jieh (this was established earlier under Wissam but nobody followed up on it)

i can keep going and going...but lets just limit it to this for now

Abou Jamra

Postby Prince Cadmus II » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 am

AJ you can't keep sitting there with sideline commentry.

You personally fail to bring a positive light to the community, and when asked to speak for example in the last meeting, you go off and say no. So it's either you speak normally, or you don't attend. Don't poke your nose in every corner of the community just to have a whinge, and when given a platform to speak you shy off.

What are you there for? You're not even on the committee, you aren't a paying member either (there is no such thing as lifetime member - go read the AJCC Constitution), yet we still let you speak: instead you just wanted a big whinge and didn't even speak about what you were really there for...

So you tell me now why the AJCC has to justify itself just to you? Get with the times AJ, the majority of people don't feel comfortable participating on this forum and that is something you're just going to have to accept and move on with: They have lives. If you have research to disprove that, then prove it here with real statistics.

As for other events, there are roughly 700 names in the Jieh directory, having around 200-300 participating families is a good turnout because you have to understand that people are moving out from the cluster zones, and others are elderly who do not come to events. You can shave off about half of the names in that book.

If you did your research, the majority of them find the participation more of a hike, and it is normal demographic changes that you cannot reverse. You cannot force people to attend events. If you focus on the children's events, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, in the future, these children will stick together and keep the community held. There is no use fighting a lost cause to bring back all the older generation who have moved on to other things.

If you want to come back and criticise, just have a think about what you're really saying before you talk.
Prince Cadmus II

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Jieh